At BBVA, we’re working to make banking better for everyone. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for smart, team-oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Digital transformation is at the heart of BBVA. It’s how we will achieve our purpose to bring the age of opportunity to everyone. Our purpose reflects the bank’s role as a facilitator, offering customers the best banking solutions, helping them make the best financial decisions and making a real difference to their lives. We live in the age of opportunities where technology offers universal access to education and offers many more people than ever before the possibility of embarking on projects and pursuing their dreams.
Are you a visionary? Are you revolutionary? Our Engineering teams are charged with reinventing the banking industry. We are revolutionizing how banking is done today and how it will be done in the future. Our team is made up of risk taking, intellectually curious, entrepreneurs who want to create the future of banking.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
- Support the patch and remediation process for workstations, servers, and infrastructure.
- Support the implementations of cybersecurity tools.
- Recommend and implement the controls and control systems to protect information integrity against accidental modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Provide evidence of the performance of controls.
- Implement procedures that support the Information Security function.
- Provides assistance to Department Managers, Operating Support Units and to the Data Owners in the risk assessments of their data and of the systems owned by the lines of business.
- Provide a single point of contact for security related topics and problems.
- Support access request processing.
- Execute periodic reviews on the security implementation related to security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Periodically evaluate BBVA’s network and system security requirements and recommend and develop the necessary modifications to policies, standards and procedures.
- Support Department Managers and Business Units in the execution of their security responsibilities.
- Monitor and assist in implementation of BBVA Head Office and regulatory agencies’ information security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs security monitoring and follow-up on incidents. Reports exceptions to senior management when necessary.
- Assist in the development of short and long-term security infrastructure.
- Investigate, evaluate, document and correct actual or potential security exposures when identified and make recommendations for corrective action to senior management and / or Head Office.
- Provide security awareness training to employees.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes in data security.
- Perform security reviews of vendors as needed.
- Protect the Confidentiality of the Bank from unauthorized internal and external threats by conducting periodic reviews of BBVA’s critical applications and systems.
- Evaluate new systems or applications as needed to identify security issues.
- Conduct, with the assistance of external consultant, penetration tests to evaluate BBVA NY’s internet and intranet security.
- Track and report open issues and facilitate their resolutions.