Key responsibilities: The Sourcing Manager’s primary responsibility is the capture of real savings through negotiating contracts with suppliers, and savings captured from other cost reduction initiatives. As the leader responsible for sourcing effectiveness, the Sourcing Manager has the following specific responsibilities:
Develop and implement sourcing strategies for key spend categories.
Identify and prioritize sourcing projects within spend area scope for annual procurement plan. Lead/participate in cross-functional teams in the development of sourcing strategies. Conduct on-line reverse auctions and RFPs.
Lead the process to select and manage vendors
Leads the vendor selection and negotiation process; establishes and maintains contractual and business relationships with the vendors; and adjusts sourcing strategies based on supplier performance and business unit input.
Manage requisition approval process
Ensure all approvals are met in a timely fashion, assuring high customer service and fast completion of sourcing projects.
Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws
Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization is honest, ethical and professional. Responsible to protect and promote Compass’ interest in all matters. Maintain proper documentation for all sourcing projects.
· Problem-solving and analytical skills – able to construct/execute multiple complex analyses (cost-price analyses) simultaneously.
· Project management and planning skills – able to develop, manage and execute comprehensive multi-task work plans.
· Contract negotiating and writing skills – candidate must understand detailed business requirements, negotiating scopes of work and contract terms and writing and executing complex agreements.
· Quick study – able to gain a fact based understanding of current supplier base, supplier economics and major trends in relevant markets.
· Communication skills – strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communicator.
· Computer literacy – proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and other software tools to complete and manage sourcing projects. Knowledge of eProcurement or other sourcing software is preferred.
· Self-starter and independent worker – able to juggle priorities and to establish work plans and drive to completion with minimum supervision.
· Flexibility and adaptability – aggressively take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities that affect numerous lines of business
· Strong leadership and people management skills with and ability to lead cross function teams and obtain buy-in.
· Bachelors Degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Finance, or other related fields.
· 2 years sourcing experience, especially in pricing negotiation.
· ISM membership preferred.