Open Platform, BBVA’s Banking-as-a-Service platform, enables innovators to build the next generation of financial services. We're looking for someone to help grow our list of clients and revenue by working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to qualify and guide leads through the sales process. In this role, you'll be responsible for creating a robust sales pipeline through qualification of inbound, marketing-sourced leads, outbound prospecting and developing creative programs to identify and attract ideal targets for the sales team. You will be a prospects’ first interaction with BBVA Open Platform, and through this you will gain a deep understanding of our API driven services and capabilities, as well as gain a mastery over clients needs, ultimately giving you the market insight to become an Open Platform evangelist. The information you gather from your prospecting calls will be used to drive sales, inform Open Platform's product development roadmap, provide customer insights to risk and control partners, and provide competitive intelligence on the other players in the market that our prospects are considering.
- Respond to inbound leads and conducting sales calls to determine whether prospects' use cases are a good fit for Open Platform's products/services.
- Identify and contact qualified prospects for outbound sales efforts on a self-directed basis.
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date sales pipeline using Salesforce and other relevant tools.
- Run weekly sales pipeline meetings to share qualified prospects with Risk/Compliance and Operations/Integration teams to gather feedback for follow up.
- Generate and maintain analytics and reporting on the sales pipeline and sales process to inform prospect prioritization and Sales and Marketing team performance against our periodic goals.
- Work closely with Risk/Compliance and Operations/Integration to ensure that critical early stage onboarding/due diligence documentation is provided by the prospect and reviewed internally.
- Take increasing ownership deeper into the sales cycle and of the sales pipeline as you become comfortable with Open Platform's product and processes.
- Ideally 1-3 years previous work experience involving direct client interaction, tech/SaaS sales and/or product evangelism
- A demonstrable history of proactive achievement (admittedly vague; we're open to whatever awesomeness you have to share)
- A genuine interest in fintech, financial services innovation and/or payments and the emerging open banking/banking-as-a-service sector; previous experience in the sector is a plus.
- The ability to quickly develop a solid understanding of Open Platform's products and services, as you'll need to be able to have detailed conversations about our APIs, including their features, functionality and capabilities, as well as the underlying bank program services that we provide, with Product heads, COOs and CEOs of fintech and digital commerce companies; previous experience with a fintech, payments and/or SaaS company is a plus.
- A detail-oriented, problem-solving mindset to understand and record prospects' critical product needs and concerns, troubleshoot and find answers (via internal or external resources) to customers' roadblocks to Open Platform adoption and provide actionable data to the other Open Platform stakeholders that we work closely with
- An inquisitive and fearless approach to prospect conversations. You are innately curious about the scope and scale of financial innovation that our clients are leading. You will be able to ascertain a prospect's true needs and qualification for Open Platform's services by asking insightful questions, aligning a client’s needs with our platform capabilities.
- A competitive drive to do what it takes to achieve your goals associated with driving client adoption and revenue growth
- Be motivated, fun and not a jerk
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed