A successful candidate will be able to challenge the self-assessments performed by the Operational Risk Managers in BBVA USA’s various businesses, support units, and subsidiaries. Additionally, the candidate will be able to apply accountancy-level review to the significant loss events occurring as a result of operational and internal control failures in BBVA USA. Operational Risk Specialists work under the direction of a supervising manager.
- Assist in performing the Effective Challenge of assessments completed by first line of defense control managers, determining if risks have been properly identified, evaluating if control objectives have been accomplished, and recommending enhancements to the controls which mitigate risk in the bank’s processes.
- Review the requests for Effective Challenge submitted by first line of defense control managers.
- Evaluate the adequacy of implemented controls (as designed) to anticipate if risks will materialize outside of the bank’s established appetite for losses.
- Analyze documentation relevant to the test plans which have been developed by first line of defense control managers and assess the strengths and weaknesses of those test plans to provide assurance of the underlying controls.
- Perform assigned reconciliations and tasks related to the management of Operational Losses in BBVA USA.
- Understand and implement the relevant portions of Operational Risk Management & Control Policy
- Thoroughly document the Effective Challenge in the appropriate format.
- Attend the assigned Operational Risk Committees and evaluate the effectiveness of information provided.
- Communicate effectively with Control Specialists, Control Managers, Operational Risk Specialists and other departments involved in Internal Control & Operational Risk.
- Strive to minimize turnaround-time while thoroughly documenting Effective Challenges and Loss Reviews.
- All candidates must have superior verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks demonstrating both management skills and ability to achieve communicated deadlines.
- High integrity and respect for confidentiality are invaluable.
- Excellent computer skills in Windows & Google, understanding of business processes, good phone and communication skills required.
- Bachelor degree in business related field with emphasis in management, technology, or a related field.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed