At BBVA, we’re working to make banking better for everyone. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for smart, team-oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What you will be doing.
This position will serve as an analyst within the Bank’s MIS Regulatory Reporting department, developing regulatory reports. The production of these reports are data intensive and require specific knowledge of banking products, financial reporting, and regulatory reporting. This position will be responsible for the development, production, automation, and governance of different Liquidity reports including Basel LCR, NSFR, and FR 2052a.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a subject matter expert for different regulatory reports
- Maintain a working knowledge of enterprise data warehouses for the purposes to automating regulatory reports.
- Ability to interpret business and technical instructions into SQL.
- Produces reconciliations of informational data between source systems and financial reports.
- Develops more efficient and effective processes in support of various bank departments to improve understanding and usefulness of information.
- Maintains integrity of informational processes, from documentation of procedures to organization of multiple informational projects.
- Definition of business checks and quality rules.
- Conducts independent research and analysis and special projects in support of informational initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with MIS, Data Management, and Financial Reporting to validate the data lineage and logic is accurate as well build specific business requirements for the design and development teams.
- Understands initiatives and supports best practice of Data Management group.
- Interacts with technical teams to identify issues, define requirements and validate results of informational projects/processes.
- Works with Lines of Business to interpret regulatory instructions and record any data quality issues throughout the data lifecycle. Building business requirements where necessary.
- Interacts directly with management level personnel in other areas of the bank as necessary to complete assigned projects.