Responsible for performing the on-boarding due diligence and enhanced due diligence process for International customers according to BBVA Compass AML guidelines & Account Control Unit (ACU) policies and procedures for assuring compliance with regulatory requirements at federal, state and local level.
- Knowledgeable in BSA/AML compliance applicable for the on-boarding process for international customers.
- Performs the customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence procedures according to ACU policies and procedures for International customers.
- Assist in the account opening and maintenance processes for International customer accounts according to the ACU policies and procedures.
- Serves as an advisor to account officers on all account opening matters for International customers.
- Provide training as necessary to account officers and/or bank staff explaining the account opening process
- Create, update and provide reports and metrics to management as required.
- Collaborate with account officers and back office staff on all account opening matters for International customers.
- Performs additional tasks and projects as assigned by his/her direct supervisor and BBVA Compass management.
- Recommend updates to the ACU policies and procedures based on experiences gained in the on-boarding process.
**Can also be filled in Birmingham.**