The Ops Manager will manage, via direct reports, the activities and processes of approximately 14 employees in Birmingham and 6 offshore contractors, including entry and senior level processors. The manager will be responsible for oversight of the functions/processes performed by the offshore team as well as the scoring/review processes performed by the onshore staff. This department manager will be self-motivated, disciplined and highly organized, with good attention to detail. A natural people orientation is a must, as is the ability to lead a team-based decision making process – but the person must be comfortable taking the responsibility for making decisions. The manager must understand how to build and develop a strong team, while ensuring each member is accountable for the respective performance metrics.
Function: As a member of the Management team, this leader is responsible for assisting with strategic direction along with day to day team support for the following Lien Perfection areas:
- The Mortgage Team, who is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate recording of mortgages for the consumer and equity products; For secondary market loans, the team is responsible for follow through to ensure the original recorded mortgage and final title polices are sent to our investors timely
- The UCC Team, who files initial lien filings for consumer loans and performs continuation tracking/filing on all UCCs for consumer and commercial loans
- The Consumer Post Booking Team, who reviews all new and renewed consumer, HELOC and mortgage loans for properly executed closing documentation and tracks any documentation exceptions
- The Exception Team, who tracks documentation exceptions and works to clear them within targeted windows; They work with the various lines of business to obtain and clear outstanding documentation and collateral exceptions from the Tickler and AFS Level III systems once appropriate documentation is received
- The Title Processing Team, who is responsible for filing title work with the various Departments of Motor Vehicles to ensure the bank’s lien position is secure for the direct auto portfolio; They also track and clear title documentation exceptions
- Additionally, the teams will be audited internally and examined externally, and the teams need to be appropriately coached and measured on their ability to minimize problems and avoid exception items