Serve as an integral member of the client relationship team by providing sales and operational support to Commercial customers and prospects. Work under the general supervision of Commercial Relationship Managers in identifying and meeting the banking needs of customers and prospects. May also have direct responsibility for assigned customers or prospects.
Specific Objectives and Job Functions
Overview: Supports the bank's business plan by developing commercial banking knowledge and skills
through completion of either on the job training or a Commercial Relationship Manager Training Program and assisting one or more senior officers with the servicing and expansion of existing relationships.
- Conduct industry and market research to support calling efforts on Commercial Banking customers and prospects.
- Participate in sales calls and presentations with Relationship Managers or independently at the direction of the Relationship Manager to implement designated aspects of a relationship development plan.
- Participate in calling activities with market Centers of Influence and Board of Directors as directed by Relationship Managers.
- Profile customers and prospects to identify sales opportunities.
- Interface with product partners.
- Provide customers and prospects with information regarding bank products and services, and assist with sales implementation. Develop a strong working knowledge of product and service capabilities.
- Assist RMs in making sure that financial programs are in place for all customers as required by bank policy.
- Ensure that loan request is delivered to the appropriate underwriting channel.
- Ensure that all sales and calling activities are recorded in the appropriate sales data base and that pipelines are updated and reflect current opportunities.
- Actively participate in all market sales meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in business development initiatives and customer events, working with Marketing and Commercial Relationship Managers.
- Evaluate and develop prospect lists for the market, targeting prospects consistent with the bank’s goals and objectives.
- Participate in all training and development opportunities offered and in local civic and charitable organizations in consultation with market management.
Sales and Productivity
- Prepares credit packages; including, preparation of the ARR (Approval Request Report) and addendum to ARR, renewals, coordinates completion of credit analysis, responds to customer inquiries, handles loan closings with the administrative assistants, resolves problems, updates call lists and reports, monitors past due credits, develops relationships with the credit and loan review departments and assists with cross-selling other products.
- Perform preliminary evaluation of credit requests and prepare preflight memos for presentation to Loan Administration.
- Participate in the formulation of credit structure and the preparation of credit transmittals and credit terms sheets for clients. Prepare sales portion of Underwriting Document, including Relationship Development Plan and Relationship Profitability Model.
- Interface with clients and their professional networks to respond to questions, collect information and obtain signatures on legal documents to facilitate credit requests.
- Assist RMs in portfolio management of individual loans such as tracking past due loans, pending maturities, covenant compliance, financial reporting, and accuracy of risk ratings.
Overview: Support the BBVA Compass Customer Experience initiatives. Strive to meet and exceed service standard goals and expectations.
- Align resources and opportunities to build trust within core and extended teams so that the client’s financial needs will be met.
- Execute sales process consistently
- Deliver comprehensive solutions to ensure profitable and loyal customers
Credit & Regulatory
Overview: Ensure all deposit, loan, investment and insurance account documentation meets consumer and business regulations, laws and policies.
- Participate in the credit structuring, pricing and approval processes.
- Responsible for processes related to documentation including uploading or submitting to the appropriate office.
- Complete quarterly and annual bank compliance courses.