Performs all duties of a Commercial Relationship Associate with additional specific responsible for direct portfolio management and primary relationship responsibility for a group of Commercial Banking or Commerical Real Estate relationships. As a Portfolio Manager/Relationship Associate, this position will maintain a minimum level of loans and deposits, manage fee income and referrals of business as well as identifying cross selling/referring opportunities of other services to this group of clients. The role will have minimal production related goals as compared with Commercial Banking Relationship Manager roles, and will be incented through the AIM process instead of any RMIP related program, due to the emphasis on portfolio maintenance. Grade 20 role should have direct accountability for at least $25MM in loans and/or $40MM in combined loans and deposits.
The role also provides a wide range of credit and sales support services to Commercial Relationship Managers that have production goals including:
- identification of cross sales opportunities,
- preparation of credit approval packages, annual reviews, renewals of complex credits, credit and non-credit proposals, coordination of loan closings and non-credit account set-ups.
- Acts as a primary contact on client relationships assigned and secondary contact for relationships that they work on assigned to City President or other Commercial Relationship Managers..
- Coordinates credit and loan portfolio administration support for several Commercial Relationship Managers.
- Reports to Commercial Banking Manager or City President as appropriate.
- Has demonstrated ability to successfully manage portfolios, including complex transactions.
- Has responsibility for the most complex credit and sales support in a large market.
- Supports the most senior level Relationship Managers.
- Portfolio will be somewhat fluid with other Relationship Managers, in that new growth opportunities should be handed off to those RMs, and additional clients may be assigned from RMs to keep the overall portfolio at an appropriate size, or based on workload/complexity of the various Relationship Managers assigned portfolios.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for identifying cross sales opportunities of all bank products including Treasury Management, International Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Capital markets to our existing client base as well as prospects.
- Compliance: Uphold the bank's philosophy and all policies by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of our organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Relationship banking
- Asset Quality & portfolio administration
- Demand deposit growth and commercial deposit growth
- Fee income growth
- Loan Growth
- Direct Cross-Sales and Referral Generation
- Enhanced customer experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Work requires a broad level of professional experience in commercial lending to include thorough knowledge of commercial underwriting guidelines and related regulations. Level I, II, and III will be commensurate with related work experience, demonstrated performance ability, and size and complexity of assign portfolio. Level I will require a minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
- Ability to utilize standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are needed to effectively work with clients to explain products and interpret policy. Inter-personal skills are needed to maintain positive rapport with internal contacts.
- Various situations require a substantial degree of analysis, interpretation and evaluation. Situations encountered include facts, issues and circumstances, which are significantly different from those previously addressed. These situations call for the consideration of alternative courses of action and of their consequences before taking or recommending further action.
- Position makes decisions within the framework of practices and procedures and/or precedents or well-defined policies.
- Analytical and open-minded, able to provide an objective assessment based on verified data.
- A confident communicator able to present information, in detail, summary or response, to all levels of management.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with word processing, spreadsheets and internet applications.
- A reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks.