Provides management direction to the Fraud Reconciliation & Charge Off team to ensure fair customer treatment, appropriate controls and execution of the bank's strategic business objectives in an efficient and effective manner. Reviews and monitors bank policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state banking regulations. Oversees staffing to assure continuity, innovation and effectiveness in support of the bank's operational functions. Effectively complies with laws and regulations applicable to the operational and support functions. Exercises usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Under the direction of the Fraud Governance Director develop, implement and monitor processes for Charge off, Recovery, and Fraud GLs reconciliation.
- Design proposed control solutions to mitigate risks or gaps identified which may include developing procedures, job aides, and training materials
- Understand Fraud Losses root cause and prepare charts, summaries and process maps to assist in problem analysis
- Partner with Fraud Training Specialist to facilitate training sessions related to emerging fraud schemes
- Create and deliver executive summaries regarding the status and health of Fraud GLs
- Deliver presentations and articulate complex issues, themes and solutions to various cross-functional teams, including but not limited to senior and executive management
- Manage team to achieve established goals and timelines. Provide guidance on decisions, workload, time management, and career development and progression
- Serve as a point of contact for various lines of business for project support and technical issues related to the Reconciliation and Charge off topics
- Build and foster relationships, gain operational understanding & document current business processes relating to fraud
- Investigate charge off and recovery entries with no case records