The Sr. Risk Advisor is responsible for proactively overseeing and identifying operational risks within the Engineering Technology department processes (from end-to-end) and assessment of the critical risks. It works in partnership with the business unit in the design, implementation and monitoring of mitigating controls, utilizing the Corporate Operational Risk Methodology and system (STORM). The Sr. Risk Advisorwill provide risk management and control support to an assigned group of business units within the IT Engineering Division. Also, it is responsible for the implementation of local and global initiatives coming from the Central Operational Risk Management Team. It will work to ensure that the operational risk level assumed by their assigned business unit is within the limits established by Management.
What you will do:
- Assist Sr. Management in the development of an appropriate internal control environment. Identify critical risks and controls on an on-going basis.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the Operational Risk Management Methodology. Work with the business unit to identify and review new processes; map out the Macro Process, Process and associated Risks/Controls.
- Evaluate internal controls, and ensure controls are updated and revised as necessary. This should include a verification of effectiveness of the design of the control; incorporation of the control in the business operation; evaluation of the operation and recommend changes as necessary.
- Calculate the inherent risk quantification of the identified risks.
- Determine residual risks based on mitigation levels, after the testing of controls is performed.
- Maintain Engineering’s overall risk/control assessment and provide appropriate reporting to management.
- Document risks, controls and indicators in the BBVA Operational Risk tool, STORM.
- Key player in the assessment and identification of risks for new businesses, products and services introduced by Engineering Sponsors.
- Prepare the information for the Operational Risk Model and provide to the secretary of the Local Committee of Corporate Assurance.
- Assist Sr. Management in Special Projects or Risk Advisement in situations that arise during the course of business.
- Join the Local Committee of Corporate Assurance providing relevant information in the field of
- their specialty as requested.
- Contribute to the preparation of documentation that will be presented in the monthly Senior Management meetings.
- Participate in critical business unit projects to provide guidance on potential risks. This may also include working with the business unit to develop an action plan to mitigate / remediate the operational risk gaps and control issues.
- Ensure that operational risk levels assumed by the business unit are within the limits established by management. The use of BBVA Operational risk tools and databases are essential in tracking and reporting issues.