Responsible for performing complete administrative / secretarial functions for the executive and department within a major region or corporate wide function, including diversified, more complex administrative and staff support services relieving manager of routine administrative duties. Uses own discretion as to work procedures and should use poise and tact in dealing with customers and others. Duties may vary depending on the specific area to which the individual is assigned. Handles highly confidential matters.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs complete administrative secretarial functions for the top executive in a major region or corporate wide function, handling highly confidential matters.
- Performs a variety of more complex administrative and staff support services such as drafting and rewriting letters, memos, and reports; types a wide variety of correspondence, manuals, statistical tables, records, etc. in final form; establishes and maintains department/customer records and files.
- Interprets and adapts guidelines, practices and policies.
- Updates and maintains various records, reports, and files; compiles and generates reports.
- Administers programs, projects, or processes as assigned.
- Handles all incoming/outgoing telephone calls and visitors in a professional manner.
- Maintains regional manager’s business calendar reminding them of scheduled meetings and appointments; schedules appointments/meetings; makes travel arrangements.
- Assists customers (both internal and external) to resolve questions or concerns.
- May assist in training of junior clerical staff.
- May prepare complex documents; coordinate sight-draft arrangements, and track accounts/budgets.