Investigate and respond to direct and indirect credit disputes on open, active, and paid off loans and lines of credit. Respond to customer service inquiries, questions and issues related to direct and indirect credit disputes. Assist customers in a timely, accurate, and professional manner in conjunction with turnaround times set forth in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Resolve, document, and communicate resolution in writing directly to the customer or credit reporting agency submitting the dispute.
Research the following items that could have lead to inaccurate reporting:
- Research payment posting items. These items may include but are not limited to auto debit issues, misposted payments, misapplied payments, short payments, and missing payments.
- Research booking and loan modification issues. These items may include but are not limited to initial loan funding, incorrect name and address, incorrect term or maturity date, incorrect rate, etc.3
- Research incorrect billing issues such as incorrect balances or customer information and missing bills.
- Provide copies of transactions to customers such as payments or other monetary items.
- Calculate actual loan balances and accruals via Excel Spreadsheet or manual calculations due to customer dispute for payment postings (splits), interest accrued, and payoff amounts.
- Provide explanation to customers on complex items unable to be handled by the intake areas such as how interest accrues, how a deferral affects the payoff amount, and the majority of the interest paid is at the beginning of the loan.
- Correct auto debit discrepancies. (Incorrect routing, account number, additional amount, etc.)
Assist with additional items as requested by management:
- Assist with SWAT Items
- Assist with Reject Report Clean Up
- Assist with Portfolio Clean Up Reports
- Assist with Quality Control Process of credit disputes investigated.
- Assist with credit inquiry requests.
- Assist with incoming mail including frivolous and courtesy disputes.