Serve as an integral member of the client relationship team by providing sales and operational support to Dallas Middle Market Commercial Banking customers and prospects primarily.Work under the general supervision of Commercial Managers in meeting the commercial banking needs of customers and prospects. Over time, may also have direct responsibility for assigned customers or prospects.
Specific Objectives and Job Functions
Business Development & Support
Overview: Supports the bank's business plan by developing commercial banking knowledge and skills
through the servicing and expansion of new & existing client relationships.
- Conduct pre-deal screen information and pricing models on key client and prospect new business opportunities.
- Conduct industry and market research to support calling efforts on Commercial Banking customers and prospects. Ensure Electronic Credit Files and LMS Items are current for all customers.
- Participate in sales calls and presentations with Relationship Managers or independently at the direction of the Relationship Manager to implement designated aspects of a relationship development plan.
- Profile customers and prospects to identify sales opportunities.
- Interface with key product partners.
- Provide customers and prospects with information regarding bank products and services, and assist with sales implementation.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of product and service capabilities.
- Assist RMs in making sure that the Electronic Credit Files and financial programs with relationship development plans are in place for all customers as required by bank policy.
- Ensure that loan request is delivered to the appropriate underwriting channel.
- Ensure that all sales and calling activities are recorded in the appropriate sales data base (SFDC) and that pipelines are updated and reflect current opportunities.
- Actively participate in all market sales meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in business development initiatives and customer events, working with Market President and Commercial & Wealth Relationship Managers.
- Evaluate prospect lists for the market, targeting prospects consistent with the bank’s goals and objectives.
- Participate in all training and development opportunities offered and in local civic/charitable organization events in consultation with market management.
Sales and Productivity
- Assist in preparing client information for credit packages; including, preparation of the ARR (Approval Request Report) and addendum, and client information file for risk (CIF), renewals, coordinates completion of credit analysis, responds to customer inquiries, handles loan closings with the LDF&C Loan Closers, resolves problems, updates call lists and reports, tracks
receipt of documents, monitors past due credits, develops relationships with the CLO, Risk, East Region BHM RSS Team, audit/loan review, BRS, and assists with cross-selling other products.
- Perform preliminary evaluation of credit requests and prepare pre-screen memos for presentation to Risk/Loan Administration, in conjunction with the Relationship Managers.
- Participate in the formulation of credit structure and the preparation of credit transmittals (to central underwriting) and credit terms sheets and commitment letters (to clients). Prepare sales portion of Underwriting Document, including Relationship Development Plan and Relationship Profitability Model.
- Interface with clients and their professional networks to respond to questions, collect information and obtain signatures on legal documents to facilitate credit requests.
- Continues the process of developing knowledge of the bank’s products, services and credit standards, trends in commercial banking pricing and products, effective sales and customer service practices relevant legal issues and other necessary information through ongoing training.
- Assist RMs in portfolio management of individual loans such as tracking past due loans, pending maturities, covenant compliance, financial reporting, accuracy of risk ratings, and LMS items.
Overview: Support the BBVA Compass Customer Experience initiatives. Strive to meet and exceed service standard goals and expectations.
- Leverage all resources of BBVA Compass to ensure the achievement of bank goals
- Align resources and opportunities to build trust within core and extended teams so that the client’s financial needs will be met.
- Execute sales process consistently
- Deliver comprehensive solutions to ensure profitable and loyal customers
Credit & Regulatory
Overview: Ensure all deposit, loan, investment and insurance account documentation meets consumer and business regulations, laws and policies.
- Participate in the credit structuring, pricing and approval processes.
- Help Negotiate, within broad guidelines, credit pricing, terms and structures.
- Ensure current on all changes in bank regulations, state/federal laws, BBVA policies & procedures.
- Responsible for processes related to client documentation including uploading or submitting to the appropriate support group and the Electronic Credit File database.
- Conduct ongoing risk grading reviews and updates in conjunction with the Client RM.
- Complete quarterly and annual bank compliance courses.
- Assist in internal office tasks as needed.