At BBVA, we’re working to make banking better for everyone. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for smart, team-oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
This position will work on the Strategy and Control Development Team Operations team as a Team Coach. Dev Team Ops is responsible for coordinating all methodologies and best practices for Engineering Development teams and providing comprehensive training, monitoring and remediation for development teams
The Development Team Coach will support serve as first line of coaching and support for development team operations and processes. As such, candidates should have experience in software development teams in either Developer or System Testing roles. Business Analyst experience will also be considered.
The Team Coach candidate should have working knowledge of Agile development philosophies and experience with Scrum team structures. Also desired, but not required, is an understanding of Dev Ops principles like Continuous Integration and Delivery, Acceptance Test Driven Development and Testing Automation.
Additionally, experience with public speaking and group training is desired. Excellent communication skills all around and ability to focus on many work-streams in a high-demand situation will be needed.
- Leading Agile Teams through all core Agile activities including:
- Help identify dependencies outside the core Agile team and escalate those to the proper application managers or Agile Champion.
- Fostering a positive and dynamic team environment.
- Aid in team decision making, conflict resolution and EMPOWERMENT.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner role, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide team-level feedback to the Agile PMO and Champion to further refine the processes involved with rolling out Agile Teams.
- Conduct Maturity Assessments of existing teams and provide these recommendations for remediation.
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Stand-ups
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Provide SME-level consulting to Agile Teams on Agile concepts and practices
- Facilitate and lead kick-off workshops and training related to team formation and initial ramp up.
- Provide direct and contructive feedback to Agile Scrum Master, Product Owner and Business Analyst on their performance of the responsibilities related to these roles.
- Work with Agile Champion to contiually develop and improve Agile Methodology, Agile materials and processes.