At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
The Systems Programmer is responsible for software development and support for systems used in the Risk line of business. These applications include custom developed software and vendor-developed applications that have been customized for BBVA Compass.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with Project Managers to determine needs and applying / customizing existing technology to meet those needs
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications
- Work with vendors for investigating application issues and achieving resolutions
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Manages code deployment processes for multiple applications
- Maintaining and supporting multiple projects and deadlines
- Recording work progress on a weekly basis
- Develop design documentation
- Participate in application deployment activities including user support during deployment
- Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends when needed, such as during application deployments or to bring support to production environments.
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support
- Ability to develop and maintain ASP and JAVA web applications
- Ability to develop and maintain Oracle and SQL DB interfacing applications
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project manager
- Ability to provide effective supporting application documentation
- Ability to estimate time and set deadlines
- Ability to lead interactions with other teams in support of application enhancements and maintenance