At BBVA, we’re working to make banking better for everyone. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for smart, team-oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
BBVA Compass is a leading U.S. banking franchise with operations throughout the Sunbelt and it ranks among the top 25 largest U.S. commercial banks based on deposit market share. BBVA Compass operates over 600 branches in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas. It ranks among the largest banks in Alabama, Texas and Arizona. In addition, BBVA Compass has been recognized as one of the nation’s leading Small Business Administration lenders. BBVA Compass is a subsidiary of BBVA Compass Bancshares Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of BBVA (NYSE: BBVA) (MAD: BBVA).
This is a key position in the Enterprise Information Development and Support group. This role is a senior position and is responsible for high level guidance of our developers staff which currently defines, develops, tests, analyze, and maintains Database / Software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. The incumbent will work with a broad customer base to identify and address a variety of business needs. This position will also be very important to the current Phoenix project and will be responsible for modeling out the new environment. Additional responsibilities include project involvement of new and or existing applications while ensuring that company standards and policies are adhered to as well as the ability to identify risk early.
- Highly technical position with responsibility to lead the development, validation, publishing, and maintenance of conceptual, logical and physical data models required to migrate existing independent data warehouses and data marts along with new business requirements into a new integrated platform.
- Ability to understand the implications & understand how the data will be used in upstream/downstream applications and accordingly guide the team on logical / physical models
- Provide leadership for the development of a robust infrastructure that will supply the information necessary to satisfy the data analysis and reporting requirements of users throughout the organization.
- Work cross functionally with various client groups to address business needs.
- Oversee the design, construction and integration of existing relational databases and data warehouse infrastructures.
- Oversee production support activities related to database and warehouse architecture. Respond to end user inquiries related to data marts and warehouse problems and issues.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop business requirements for necessary reporting efforts.
- Define and develop logical and physical data models to support departmental reporting needs.
- Participate in and contribute to technical requirements, operational support documentation, and collaborative design discussions to convert business requirements into technical solution.
- Collaborate with clients, programmers, and designers for the development of database / software programs and applications.
- Administer and ensure adherence to project management methodologies, resource management practices and change management procedures.
- Lead in the defining, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications.
- Manage the creation of and maintenance of documentation, user manuals and guidelines individual data marts.