Support the day-to-day Loan Documentation and Funding control (LD&FC) activities for Commercial Real Estate. This position will be responsible for the loan documentation on commercial real estate transactions to include construction loans, term loans, and syndicated/participation loans. This position is responsible for the review, coordination, and execution of a loan closing transaction. The average loan size handled by this team is $15MM - $20MM but also includes complex credits upwards of $100MM; the portfolio totals $14.5B. This position ensures the loan documentation matches the loan approval and ensures all documentation is fully executed to ensure appropriate perfection of liens prior to releasing funds to the borrower.
- Ensures that all loans and funding documentation are in compliance with federal, state, and BBVA Compass’s credit policy.
- Works closely with other banks when BBVA Compass is a participating member in a large bank group. These facilities will usually have exposures upwards of $200MM.
- Reviews loan approval documentation and generate a comprehensive due diligence needs list according to credit policy and loan type
- Reviews third party reports (to include Phase I Environmental, Appraisals, Plan & Cost Reviews, Property Condition Reports)
- Reviews and balances complex construction budgets to ensure compliance with approval and construction guidelines
- Accurately books new loans to the system
- Engage bank approved attorneys and facilitate the documentation and loan closing throughout the transaction
- Timely follow up and management of incoming items from the borrower, RM, and attorney
- Review title policies, surveys, and related construction due diligence to ensure compliance with bank policies